Periapt

April 26, 2018





There you are

Perched
like a cat
readying to rock
haunch
and 
launch

I am 
your willful prey
Yet I am the one who catches
 your gilded rough
edges
in my sight
these edges long to know my depths
your face gleams glossy
in the errant beams
of a late afternoon sun
yet the long shadows of your autumn
belies your gamin ways

How I long
to hear
the stretching crack
when 
I
break
your
spine

So 
supple 
rendered
docile
to
my
demands

You spread before me
your
ivory 
lined
with 
faint
beryl
 veins

urging me
to please

leave 
my 
mark
between

Too much
all too much
I am overcome 
torn jagged
by desire and hesitation

I bury
my face
deep in you
and breathe in
all your
 dank cellar corners
and
musty hope chests

I am undone
and made
whole
by
you

again
and
again

the
words
stream
down
my cheeks
in
salty
rivers
of 
ink

my
tears
taste
like
paper



NaPoWriMo/GloPoWriMo 2018 - Day 26
Based on the prompt to write a poem that includes images that engage all five senses



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram